MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE AMONG STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY
1. All power relating to discipline and disciplinary action are vested with the Vice-Chancellor.
2. The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all of such power as he/ she deems proper to the Pro Vice-chancellor and to such other persons as he/she may specify in this behalf.
3. Without prejudice to the generality of power to enforce discipline under the ordinance, the following shall amount to act of gross indiscipline.
(a) Physical assault, or threat to use physical force, against any member of the teaching and non-teaching staff of any Institution / department and against any student with in the University of Delhi.
(b) carrying of, use of, or threat of use of any weapons.
(c) any violation of the provisions of the Civil Rights Protection Act, 1976.
(d) violation of the status, dignity and honour of students belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribe.
(e) any practice-whether verbal or otherwise-derogatory of women.
(f) any attempt at bribing or corruption in any manner.
(g) Willful destruction of institution property.
(h) creating ill-will of intolerance on religious or communal grounds.
(i) causing disruption in any manner of the academic functioning of the university system.
(k) ragging as per ordinance XV-C.
4. Without prejudice to the generality of his/her power relating to the maintenance of discipline and taking such action in the interest of maintaining discipline as may seem to him/her
appropriate, the Vice- Chancellor, may in the exercise to his/ her powers aforesaid order of direct.
(a) that any student or students be expelled; or
(b) any student or students be, for a stated period, restricted ; or
(c) be not for a stated period, admitted to a courses of study in college, department or institution of the University; or
(d) be fined with a sum of rupees that may be specified; or
(e) be debarred from taking a University or College or Departmental Examination or Examination for one or more years: or
(f) that the result of the student or students concerned in the Examination or Examinations in which he/she or they have appeared be cancelled.
5. The Principal of the College, Head of the Halls, Deans of Faculties, heads of teaching Departments in the University, the Principal, School of Correspondence Courses, Continuing Education and Librarian shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over students in their respective College/Institution; Faculties and Teaching Departments in the University as may be necessary for the proper conduct of the Institution, Hall and teaching in the concerned Departments, may exercise their authority through, or delegate authority to, such of the teachers in their colleges, institutions or Departments as they may specify for these purposes.
6. Without prejudice to the powers of the Vice-Chancellor and the Proctor as aforesaid, detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct shall be framed. These rules may be supplemented, where necessary. by the Principals of Colleges, Heads of halls, Deans of Faculties and heads of Teaching departments in the University. Each student shall be expected to provide himself/ herself with a copy of these rule.
7. At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission he/she submits himself/ herself the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-chancellor and the several authorities of the University who may be vested with the authority to exercise discipline under the Acts, the statutes, the Ordinances and the rules that have been framed there under by the University.