M. Sc. NURSING (2017-2019)
- Minimum conditions of Eligibility for Registration
1.1 A candidate seeking admission to Master of Nursing Course must have passed B.Sc. Nursing.
1.1.1 B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing (12+4 years) of the University of Delhi or B.Sc. Examination in Nursing (12+4 Years) of a recognised university or an examination recognised as equivalent there to with 55% marks in the aggregate.
One year experience in Nursing in an approved hospital/ educational institution or public health agency.
1.1.2 A candidate seeking admission to Master of Nursing Course must have passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing examination (11+4) years of the University of Delhi or B.Sc. Examination in Nursing (11+4) years of a recognised as equivalent there to with 55% marks in the aggregate
Two years of experience in Nursing in an approved hospital/educational institution or public healthagency.
1.1.3 A candidate passed post Basic B.Sc. from recognisedcentres (from INC) of IGNOU University will be only eligible for this course.
1.2 Criteria for an approved Hospital /Educational Institution or Public Health Agency are:
- The work experience must have been in nursing that is patient care/client care/family care/community care/ teaching in Nursing Training Programmes such as B.Sc. Nursing, GNM, MPHW, ANM, PHN or HS (Health Supervisor).
- The experience should be in a teaching hospital or a hospital with minimum 100 beds and having facilities for providing experience in different Clinical Areas or Community Health or Nursing Education Institutions recognised by Indian Nursing Council.
Note :(a) Teaching hospital refers to a hospital having School/College of Nursing offering B.Sc. Nursing / G.N.M. / M.P.H.W. / P.HW. / Midwifery / P.H.N. / H.S. (Health Supervisor) recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Community Health Agencies include M.C.H. Centre/ P.H.C./ R.H.C./C.H.C. or Taluk Headquarter Hospital.
- The experience will be calculated up to the 23rd March 2017.
- Basis of selection
The selection of Candidates for admission to M.Sc. Nursing Course will be made in the following manner.
50% of the seats in the course will be filled in by the candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing Examination of University of Delhi. The criteria for the merit would be weightage of 50% of the selection test and 50% of the qualifying examination.
SC/ST candidates who belong to category-1, reserved category status (SC/ST/OBC), one can avail only one benefits either selection under category-1 or from reserved category (SC/ST/OBC).
The remaining 50% of seats will be offered to candidates on the basis of the performance in the Selection test and last qualifying examination. The criteria for the merit would be weightage of 50% of the Selection test and 50% of the qualifying examination.
2.3 Weightage for Sponsored Candidates (Non-Reserved Candidates) for placement in the merit list based on Selection Test :
Weightage of 5 marks will be given to the candidates who are in the employment of State Government or College of-Nursing/ Schools of Nursing and whose names aresponsored by their employer. However only one candidate (non-reserved) per each State/Union Territory from among the sponsored candidates of that State/Union territory will be eligible for weightage of 5 marks who secures highest in the selection test. The candidate must produce thesponsorship letter by 16th May 2017. The original application though proper channel must reach by 16th May 2017. Sponsored candidate receiving 5 marks ifselected should submit a relieving letter confirming sponsorship at the time of admission.
As per the Supreme Court ruling, candidates belonging to the reserved categories and who have been found eligible for admission in the general merit list, will be admitted against seats in the general category. The seats for the reserved category will then be filled up from the remaining candidates in the reserved categories as follows:
2.4 The candidates belonging to the reserved categories will complete for reserved seats among themselves. A final selection list will be prepared for these categories on the basis of their performance in the selection test.
- Selection Test
Selection Test will be held on 30thApril, 2017 (Sunday) at 10.00 A.M. at the centre mentioned in the admission ticket. The test will be of two hours and thirty minutes (2½ hrs) duration and shall contain objective type questions. The test will be based on B.Sc. Nursing Syllabus prescribed by I.N.C. All Candidates are required to report one hour before the commencement of the test.
Areas to be included in the Selection Test are Nursing Foundation, Applied Nutrition, Preventive Medicine and epidemiology, Psychology, Sociology, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Obstetrics and Obstetrical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Psychiatry Nursing Community Health Nursing and Basic Concepts of Education, Administration, Research and Statistics.
- Total Number of Seats Available : 23+1
- Reserved category :
5.1 Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe & OBC (Non-creamy layer) Candidate : 22½% (15% for ScheduledCaste and 7½% for Scheduled Tribes) of the seats will be reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe and 27%for OBC candidates as per central list of OBC, If no Scheduled caste candidate is available, the seat would go to a Scheduled Tribe candidate, interchangeable.
5.2 Foreign Candidate:
5.2.1 One seat for foreign student will be reserved provided the candidate fulfills the minimum eligibility conditions and application must have been recommended by the Government of India and the Foreign Students Advisor of the University of Delhi. Selection will be made strictly in order of merit from among the foreign students. The foreign students are exempted from Selection Test.
5.2.2 As per Indian Nursing Council foreign nationals (including Nepali, Bangladeshi, Bhutani and Tibetan Regugee) having valid certificate of RegisteredNurse and Registered Midwife in their ownCountry as on date of admission; they can be admitted for higher nursing education in India. However, they will not be registered to practice in India. Even no temporary registration will be provided to them during their study period or upon completion under any circumstances, what so ever.
5.2.3 Foreign nationals (including Nepali, Bangladeshi, Bhutan and Tibetan Refugee) having certificate of Registered Nurse only in their own Country, canbe admitted M.Sc. (N) except for OBG specially.
5.3 Children/Widow of Armed personnel including paramilitary Personnel killed or disabled during hostilities and who died on duty.
5.3.1 5% of the seats are reserved for the Children/ Windows/Wives of officers and men of the Armed forces including Para-Military Personnel, in the order of preference given below:
- Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action.
- Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action.
- Widows/wards of Defence personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to military service.Wards of Defence personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to military service.
- Wards of Ex-servicemen personnel and serving personnel including police personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
(Above categories are also applicable for Para military personnel)
5.3.2 The Children/widows of the officers and men of the Armed forces including Paramilitary Personnel killed or disabled during hostility ‘and also who died on duty will be given concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility conditions as per rules of the Delhi University.
In order to become eligible for the above concession, the Widow/ Children of officers and men of the Armed forces including Para-Military Personnel will be required to produce an entitlement certificate from anyone of the following authorities:
- Secretary, KendriyaSainik Board, Delhi.
- Secretary, Rajya / ZilaSainik Board.
- Officer-in-Charge, Record Officer.
- First Class Stipendiary Magistrate.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (for Police Personnel in receipt of Gallantry awards.
5.4 Physically handicapped
5.4.1 There is Provision of 3% seats for physically handicapped. Candidate has to satisfy/fulfill the norms stipulated by the University of Delhi.
5.5 Seat created by the power of Vice-Chancellor, University of Delhi, Delhi. That is :
Provision for R.A.K.College of Nursing faculty :
One seat will be reserved on seniority basis for the R.A.K. College of Nursing faculty provided the candidate fulfills the minimum eligibility conditions and application must have been recommended by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and sponsorship letter must be produced by 16thMay 2017.
Last date for Submission of Application Form is 23rd March 2017 by 4.00 P.M. The original application through properchannel must reach by 16th May 2017 for the sponsored candidates.
6.1 A. Candidate seeking admission to M.Sc. Nursing Course should apply in the application form supplied by the College Office for the session 2017-2018. No old application form or Xerox copy will be entertained. However, advance copy of the application form may be sent on Xerox form to the College and marked as “Advance Copy”.
- Application form for the session 2017-2018 downloaded from the college website (www.rakcon.com) should be submitted with Demand draft of Rs. 550/- in favour of ‘Principal,RajkumariAmrit Kaur College of Nursing’ payable atNew Delhi.
- Filled application form to be submitted in the college office by hand or by post.
6.2 List of not eligible candidate will be displayed on College Notice Board on 27th April, 2017 by 12 noon. (Refer page 19 for common mistakes resulting in rejection of application.)
6.3 No Admission ticket will be sent to the candidate if found not eligible or if application is incomplete. If thecandidate does not receive the admission ticket by 27th April, 2017 she may contact the college office on 28th April, 2017 between 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. A duplicate admission ticket will be issued to eligible candidate only. Bring an attested copy of photograph having your name and date of photograph taken, similar to the one pasted on the application form for issue of duplicate admission ticket.
6.4 The result of successful candidates in selection test will be displayed on the College Notice Board. Each student is responsible to see the selection test result put up on the College Notice Board and give written acceptance and fees as per the dates given in admission calendar (Refer page 22)
No official correspondence or telephonic Information will be given in this regard.
6.5 Clinical specialization, will be offered depending on student’s experience, need of the sponsoring institution and the faculty position at the college.
6.6 All admission are provisional subject to the verification of original document and medical examination conducted by college authority.
6.7 Admission taken on wrong information shall be summarily cancelled without refund of fees.
6.8 Every Student admitted to the college shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission he/she submits himself/ herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-Chancellor and other authorities of the University and College who may be vested with the authority. The ordinances and rules that have been framed there under by the University/College. Failure by parents/guardians/students to acquaint themselves with the rules of the College and of the University of Delhi will not be entertained as a defence for breach of rules (Refer page 26-31).
6.9 The College does not take any responsibility for postal delays / losses.
6.10 Certificates to be attached:
- An attested true copy of Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) of Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+1) (Separate birth Certificate, if date of birth is not given in School Certificate).
- An attested true copy of marks obtained in B.Sc. Nursing Examination in each subject (If examinations are held in parts/semesters, marks obtained in each, part semester should be enclosed).Copy of transcript in this regard will not be entertained.
- An attested true copy of B.Sc. Nursing Degree.
- An attested true copy of R.N./R.M. certificate.
- Three copies of recent attested Passport size photograph (one to be affixed on the Application form and two on the Admission ticket).
- A certificate from Sponsoring authority, if applicable.
- Attested copies of Experience certificates from competent authority.
- Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC (non-creamylayer) P.H./Ex-Servicemen certificate from competent authority, if applicable.
- Foreign students are required to submit a certificate indicating proficiency in English Language (verbal as well as written)
6.11 Self-addressed envelope and acknowledgment card.
6.12 The University has decided to accept the self-attested copies of documents/papers provided by the students. It is made clear that if any false attestation/falsified records are detected, the student will be debarred from attending any course in the University of Its College(s) for next five years and in addition, a criminal case under relevant section of IPC (viz. 470, 461, 474) etc. will be instituted against him/her to subject him/her to the requisite criminal proceeding.
6.13 Candidates are allowed to submit all certificates self-attested, except the photographs.
Note :No page from the application form should be removed/replaced.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHEDULED CASTE / SCHEDULED TRIBE and OBC CANDIDATES :
- A Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC candidate while applying for registration for any of the courses will be required to submit a copy of certificate to the effect that he/she belongs to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC (non-creamy layer as per central OBC list) from the competent authority, as listed below along with application form for registration:
1.1 District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/DeputyCollector 1st ClassStipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/TalukaMagistrate/Executive Magistrate/ Extra AssistantCommissioner.
1.2 District Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
1.3 Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
1.4 Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and or his/her family normally-resides.
1.5 Administrator/Secretary to the Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep and Minicoy Island)