B.Sc. (Honours) Nursing 2017- 2021
1. Minimum Conditions of Eligibility for Registration
1.1 Candidate seeking admission to First Year B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course must have passed the Examination as listed below :
Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination/ lndian School Certificate Examination (12 years Course)and / or examination recognised as equivalent with 50% or more marks in the aggregate of 4 subjects including English, Physics. Chemistry and Biology provided the student has passed in each subject separately.
1.2 Minimum age requirement is 17 years by 1st October,2017. The Vice-Chancellor may, however, on the basis of individual merit relax the age up to a maximum period of one year
1.3 Only women candidates are eligible for the course.
2. Basis of Selection
The selection of the candidates for admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing Course will be made on the merit of Selection Test. All candidates, irrespective of reserved or non-reserved category, have to appear for the Selection Test except foreign national.
3. Selection Test
Selection test will be held on 11thJune, 2017 Sunday at 10.00 A.M. in New Delhi as per the venue indicated in the Admission Ticket. The selection test will be of two hours and thirty minutes (2'/2hours) duration and shall contain objective type (multiple choice) items. The test will be based on Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) Curriculum of Physics,
Chemistry, Biology and shall also include, some items on English Comprehension and general knowledge in health.
4. Total Number of Seats = 69
5. Reserved Category :
5.1 Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe & OBC (Noncreamy layer) Candidates
22½% of the total number of seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (15% for Scheduled Caste and 7½%for Scheduled Tribes) and 27% for OBC candidates. Each Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidate, who has passed the qualifying examination be given 5% of further relaxation to the extent required in order to be registered for the B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing Course.
5.2 Foreign Candidates
5.2.1 Three seats for the foreign nationals will be reserved provided they fulfil the minimum
eligibility conditions and have passed the last qualifying examination from a foreign University/Board. Candidates are advised to submit equivalence certificate of their qualifying
Examination from Registrar, University of Delhi.
5.2.2 The Foreign Nationals who have passed the qualifying examinations from any Indian University or Board will not be eligible for admission under this category. However they may appear for selection test under non reserved category.
5.2.3 A foreign student is required to send her admission application form available at the college through the Indian Embassy of her country and the application is to be recommended by the Ministry of Health/External Affairs, Government of India and the Foreign Student Advisor of University of Delhi. Foreign students who desires to join this professional course should contact the nearest Indian embassy for necessary information.
5.3 Children/Widow of Armed personnel including paramilitary Personnel killed or disabled during hostilities and who died on duty.
5.3.1 The Children/widows of the officers and men of the Armed forces including Paramilitary Personnel killed or disabled during hostility ‘and also who died on duty will be given concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility conditions as per rules of the University.
5.3.2 Widows/Children of officers and men of Armed forces including Paramilitary Personnel who died while on duty be considered for admission against the 5% seats in all the courses reserved for the Widows/Children of the officers and men of the armed forces including Paramilitary Personnel killed or disabled in action in War 1947-48 onwards. In order to.become eligible for the above concession, the Widow/Children of officers and men of the Armed forces including Para-Military Personnel will be required to produce an entitlement certificate from anyone of the following authorities:
(i) Secretary. KendriyaSainik Board, Delhi.
(ii) Secretary, Rajya/Zila’ Sainik Board.
(iii) Officer-in-Charge, Record Officer.
(iv) First Class Stipendiary Magistrate.
5.4 Physically handicapped
5.4.1 There is Provision of 3% seats for physically handicapped. Candidate has to satisfy/fulfill the norms stipulated by the University of Delhi.
5.5 In case the seats remain vacant under any reserved category the same shall be declared open and offered to the candidates under general category in order of merit.
5.6 Instruction for Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe & OBC Category (Refer to page 19)
6. Last date for Submission of Application Form is 21stApril 2017Friday by 4.00 P.M.
7. Attach the Required Documents In the following, order:
7.1 Acknowledgment Card affixing eight Rupees stamp if it is to be posted.
7.2 Self address Envelope for sending admission ticket.
7.3 Application Form
(i) Attested Copy of Secondary School (10th). Examination Certificate indicating date of birth/Date of Birth Certificate
(ii) Attested copy of Senior School Certificate Examination(10+2) or equivalent examination mark sheet. The candidate whose results are not out by the time of submission of application may bring the mark sheet at the time of counseling quoting the Application Number and Roll No. allotted by the College for selection test.
(iii) Attested copy of S.S.C (10+2) Provisional certificate, if original board/university copy not received.
(iv) Attested true copy of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe / OBC Certificate (non-creamy), if applicable.
(v) Three recent Passport size photographs attested by the Principal of the Senior School/College, last attended/ Gazetted Officer. One photo to be pasted on application form in the space provided and two photos on admission ticket. Photograph should show name of the candidate and date when photograph is taken Send the filled Application form in envelope provided with the prospectus.
(vi) Self attested copies of documents/certificates will be accepted (except photographs).
(vii) Foreign students are required to submit a certificate indicating proficiency in English language
(viii) Certificate of good conduct from the educational institute last attended.
Certificates not submitted with the application form, the same may be submitted at the time of counselling.
1. A. Candidates seeking admission to B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing Course should apply on the application form supplied by the college office for the session 2017-2018. Application form of previous years will not be entertained.
B. Application form for the session 2017-2018 downloaded from college website (www.rakcon.com) should be submitted with a Demand draft of Rs. 550/- in favour of ‘Principal, RajkumariAmritKaur College of Nursing’ payable at New Delhi.
C. Filled Application Form to be submitted in the college office by hand or by post.
2. Candidate must have passed in all the required subjectsseparately (in Theory and Practical) required for admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course before the last date prescribed for submission of the Mark-sheet.
3. Candidates who have appeared at the Annual examination of the year 2017 and placed under compartment will not be eligible for admission.
4. Candidates who have appeared for the Annual Examination of the year 2017 and are re- appearing for improvement will not be considered eligible for admission.
5. In case the information furnished or certificates etc. submitted are found to be false, or the candidate is found to have withheld or concealed information in her application form, she shall be removed from the college rolls and fee deposited by her shall be forfeited.
6. The applicants are required to fill up the admission ticket.
7. Once application form is submitted, no alteration will be allowed.
8. If the candidate does not receive the admission ticket by 08th June, 2017, she may contact the College Office on 09th June, 2017, Friday between 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. A duplicate admission ticket will be issued. Bring an attested copy of the photograph similar to the one pasted on the application form for issue of duplicate admission ticket.
9. The admission to the course shall be made purely on the basis of merits obtained in selection test 2017. Counseling will be conducted for the admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing on 04th, 05th& 6th July, 2017. Entrance result will be displayed on the website www.rakcon.com& notice board of the college on 28th June, 2017 by 12 noon. Notification regarding counseling will also be displayed on college notice board & website.
10. At the time of counseling / allotment of seats for the B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course, the candidates shall bring the following documents in original:
(i) Class X Board Examination Certificate.
(ii) Class XII Marks-Sheet.
(iii) Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate.
(iv) Character Certificate (recent)
(v) SC/ST Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority.
(vi) OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by competent authority.
(vii) Transfer Certificate from school/college as well as Migration Certificate from Board/University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
(viii) Admit card of selection test 2017.
(ix) Three Passport size photographs as pasted on the application form / Admit card.
(x) Candidates seeking admission against reserved seats for Physically Handicapped would be required to bring with them the original Medical Certificate issued to them by an authorized Medical Board.
(xi) Candidates seeking admission against reserved seats for wards of Ex-Servicemen are required to bring the original certificate issued by the competent authority as per university guidelines. (Refer page no. 7)
(xii) No candidates will be allowed to attend the counseling without original certificates.
Note :Copy of self-attested above mentioned document is to be submitted.
11. All admissions are subject to verification of authenticity of the original certificates / documents of the candidates. The decision of the admission committee regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
12. The candidates shall be required to complete the admission formalities including deposition of the required fees on the same day of counseling. Those who fail to complete the formalities and do not deposit their fee on the same day of counseling will lose their claim for the admission in the course. (Refer page nos. 24 & 25 for the detail of fee)
13. Every student admitted to the College shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission she submits herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of Vice-Chancellor and other authorities of the university and college who may be vested with the authority, the Ordinances and rules that have been framed there under by the University/College. Failure by parents/guardians/students to acquaint themselves with the rules of the College
and of the University of Delhi will not be entertained as a defence for breach of rules. (Refer Page 26-31).
14. Candidates are allowed to submit self-attested Certificates except photographs.
15. The College does not take any responsibility for postal delays/losses.